How to enable multi currency and/or multi language
The old theme currency converter has been removed from the newest versions of our themes in order to be compliant with latest Shopify requirements. Any user should migrate to a newer version of the theme supporting the native multi currency.
Starting from March 2020, Shopify introduced multi currency and multi language features. As a consequence, all our themes have been updated to support those new exciting features. The following versions fully support native multi language and native multi currency:
- Prestige: from version 4.7.0 and newer
- Warehouse: from version 1.8.0 and newer
- Focal: from version 7.6.0 and newer
- Kagami: from version 6.7.0 and newer
- Trademark: from version 3.8.0 and newer
If you do not know the version you are using for your theme, you can learn more by clicking here. Then, follow the instructions below based on your version:
For users with a compatible version
- In order to add multiple currencies to your store, please click here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/shopify-payments/multi-currency/setup
- In order to add multiple languages to your store, please click here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-online/multilingual-online-store
For users using an older version
If you are using an older version that does not support product media, you have a few options:
- You can upgrade to the latest version (it's completely free) as instructed here (it is not possible for us at support to add this feature only on an older version).
- If upgrading is not possible, you can reach a development service such as Enhancify (our recommendation), TaskHusky, Carson or a Shopify Expert. They will be able to write the necessary code to bring support for it on your older version.
- You can also use apps, that could add the feature on top of a theme that does not support natively this feature. Please reach the app developers of the app you plan to use for more information.
Starting from the last version (Warehouse v1.8.0, Prestige v4.7.0, Focal 7.6.0, Trademark 3.8.0, Kagami 6.8.0), the theme currency converter has been removed and replaced by the native multi-currency feature of Shopify. The native multi-currency is much more powerful as it allows your customers to not only see prices in their preferred currency, but also pay in this currency. You can learn more about how to setup native multi-currency here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/shopify-payments/multi-currency/setup