COLLECTION LIST - How to create a list of brands page
Our theme Warehouse allows you to create a page that display a list of collections, as shown here: https://warehouse-theme-metal.myshopify.com/pages/brands
IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE: the instructions are different based on the version. To know more about which version of the theme you are using, please click here to see the instructions. Then, make sure to select the instructions that apply to your version. Using instructions that do not apply to your version will not work.
I am using...
- For each of the brands you’d like included on your Brands page, you’ll need to create a new Collection and use the “brand” template. You can learn more about how to assign the "brand" template to your collection by clicking here.
Once this is done, click on the "Pages" section of Shopify admin:
Then, create a new page, give it a name, and select the "collection-list" template, as shown below ( make sure that Warehouse is the published theme ; if it is not, you won't be able to see this template and you will need to wait to have the theme published):
Then, open the theme editor, click on the page selector at the top, and search for your newly created pages so that you navigate to this page while being in the theme editor ( of course, if you have named your page differently, make sure to search it as per the name you have saved it:
Then, on the "Collection list" section that appears on the left, click on "Add collection", and select the brand you want to feature:
Creating such a page involves two steps:
- For each of the brands you’d like included on your Brands page, you’ll need to create a new Collection and use the “collection.brand” template. You can learn more about how to assign the "collection.brand" template to your collection by clicking here.
- The next thing you’ll need to do once all of your Collections have been assigned, is to create a new Navigation menu (you can call it Brands for instance, the name you choose has no influence - (Online Store > Navigation > Add menu). In this new menu, you’ll create a new menu item (‘Add menu item’) for every brand you’d like to see included on the Brands page. You can learn more about how to create a menu and manage the links in Shopify official documentation.
- Once you’re done, copy the handle of this menu as you’ll need it for the next step:
- Now that these items have been created, you will need to create a "List of Collections" Page that will contain references to all your collections you’ve just added. You can learn more about how to create such a page by clicking here.
- You’re almost there! The last step to make this new Page is visible is to now add it to your main menu (or whichever menu you’d like for it to appear).